Re: RDB2RDF Usecase

On 12/19/08 5:14 PM, Ezzat, Ahmed wrote:
> Hello,
> One observation I have is we need to be clearer on Rdb2Rdf for solving
> the silo pain. Rdb2Rdf is a must but not sufficient technology to
> integrate silos. As you need ot reconcile the results from each data
> source together before the data is useful enough to apply SPARQL as an
> example; which is outside the Rdb2Rdf framework.
> Regarding user scenario, I see a lot of value in the Enterprise
> Information Management (EIM) area where you integrate data warehouse
> with content in the enterprise (i.e., not using current technology of
> NLP + converting to XML then shredding elements in the data warehouse
> database columns) to be able to return more actionable information.
> For example, a query to a datawarehouse today can be” “tell me all
> companies that bought $1M equipments last month” ß easy one. Now with
> integration of structured and unstructured data in the enterprise you
> can ask “ tell me all companies that bought $1M equipments and had
> complaints?” The point here is customer complaints typically is in
> email content and the list of companies who bough is in the data
> warehouse. By being able to integrate the results of search and SQL at
> high-level as RDF sub-graphs, etc, you can answer the 2^nd question
> transparently w/o manual work.
Ahmed,

Exactly!

You bring the support, sales, and even bugtracking data into play by
unshackling the data in these typical enterprise data silos.

Everyone needs to connect the dots. Today's economic crisis is the
biggest example of the opportunity costs associated with failing to
connect dots across the private and public sectors :-(

Kingsley

--

Regards,

President&  CEO