Re: flagship use cases proposal

Hi James and All,

It seems that we have agreement on a use case e.g. a scientist uses
linked data, processes it with a scientific workflow + some manual and
qualitative analysis makes it available.

The question seems which domain: eGovernment Public Policy or
bioinformatics. There are benefits to both.

* eGovernment has the whole push with Data.gov.uk and open government
data, which has been really a hit with the community as a whole.
Non-scientists can also usually understand policy type use cases.

* for bioinformatics it would cement our ties with the HCLS working
group. I know there are strong demands for provenance and several
iniatives their trying to capture provenance type information. Also
workflows and linked data have fairly strong user communities in the domain.

I think the best way to solve this is who takes initiative :-)

So is there anyone who would like to write up this use case (use case #2)?

Thanks!
Paul