RE: FTF2 Draft Agenda

Dear Raphael and All,

Sorry for not sending the location and directions for the f2f2 meeting yet.
The reason is that the second day of the meeting was scheduled to be in the
university campus. However, due to space limitations of the specific room in
the University (on Saturday we can only have a small room) and also due to
the increase of the attendees especially from Greece, we are planning to
have the meeting in either the SAMT hotel (Divani Acropolis) or in the
Kspace prereview hotel (ATHENIAN CALLIRHOE) in a more spacey room. I also
believe that it would be easier for the participants to go in one of these
hotels on Saturday. Tomorrow morning I will announce the exact location.

Regarding the first day (Friday) of the meeting, it remains at the SAMT
hotel (Divani Acropolis). You can find info for the hotel location in
http://www.divanis.com/acropolis/default-en.htm
DIVANI PALACE ACROPOLIS, 19-25 Parthenonos, P.C 117-42 Athens Greece | Tel.
+30 210 9280100 | Fax +30 210 9214993.

Regarding the social event, it will also be announced tomorrow.

Regards,
Vassilis

stephan.baumann@dfki.uni-kl.de;
> ikom@iti.gr; craig.stewart@elec.qmul.ac.uk
> Subject: Re: FTF2 Draft Agenda
>

> Dear Jeff and Vassilis,
>
> I would add the following amendment: we will discuss the "Algorithm Use
Case"
> on
> Saturday morning when Suzanne Little from ISTI will join us.
>
> Vassilis, could you already provide with the details of:
>     - Which building/room have you exactly booked on Saturday within the
NTUA
> campus ?
>     - The restaurant for the XG dinner on Friday evening ?
>
> Best regards.
>
>     Raphaël
>
> "Jeff Z. Pan" a écrit :
>
> > [Please register if you haven't done so:
> > http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/39139/MMSEM-FTF02/]

> =
> > = Draft Agenda of the MMSEM Amsterdam F2F Meeting =

> =
> >
> > The second face to face meeting of the Multimedia Semantics XG will be
> > held in Athens, Dec 8-9, 2006.
> >
> > Practical Details:
> > ------------------
> >
> >   - Contact Person: Vassilis Tzouvaras <tzouvaras@image.ntua.gr>, Tel:
+30
> > 210 772 3039
> >   - The Friday meeting will be held in Divani Palace Acropolis;
> > http://www.divanis.com/acropolis/default-en.htm
> >   - The Saturday meeting will be held in NTUA;
> > http://image.ece.ntua.gr/php/about.php
> >   - Wi-Fi connection to the broadband backbone will be available on
Saturday.
> >   - The power supply is standard continental european &#8211; 230 V
> >   - For more information about Athens:
> > http://www.image.ntua.gr/samt2006/localinfo.html
> >
> > Social Event:
> > -------------
> > There will be a joint dinner, kindly offered by NTUA.
> >
> > W3C Communication Channels:
> > ---------------------------
> >
> > Dec 8-9, 2006
> > 09:00-18:30 Athens local time
> > Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 66736 ("MMSEM")
> > IRC: #mmsem on irc.w3.org (port 6665)
> >
> > Agenda:
> > -------
> >
> > Friday, Dec 8th
> >
> > 14:00 -14:15 Welcome, Objectives and organisation of the meeting.
> >     - W3C process 101 and MMSEM: XG, WG and the bridge between them
> >     - The Semantic Interoperability (SI) report is the key to our bridge
> >     - We use bottom-up approach in the SI report
> >     - Need to identify use cases that could contribute to SI
> > 14:15 - 18:00 Use Case and Interoperability (Coffee break: 16:15-16:30)
> >     - Each use case has maximally 30 minutes
> >     - Presentation should focus on: (1) interoperability problem, (2)
> > solution, (3) a concrete example to show both.
> >     - Briefly mention some other important
> >     - Presentation list:
> >         1. Music UC (Giovanni Tummarello?, Oscar Celma)
> >         2. News UC (Raphaël Troncy)
> >         3. MPEG-7 UC (Vassilis Tzouvaras, Michael Hausenblas, Stamatia
> > Dasiopoulou)
> >         4. Photo UC (Susanne Boll)
> >         5. Semantic Media Retrieval UC (Ioannis Pratikakis)
> >         6. Semantics from Multimedia Authoring UC (Susanne Boll)
> >         7. Tagging UC (Raphaël Troncy, Susanne Boll, Thomas Franz)
> > 18:00 - 18:30 Discussion: Use Case and Interoperability
> >    - To identify the use cases which we don't know any solutions for the
> > interoperability issue
> >    - To identify the use cases which we already know some solutions for
> > the interoperability issue
> >    - To identify the use cases in between
> >
> > 20:00: Dinner
> >
> > Saturday, Dec 9
> >
> > 9:00 - 9:45 Break-out sessions: working out the Common Framework from
use
> > cases
> >     - We will break into 2 sub-groups
> >     - Each sub-group covers some use cases
> > 9:30 - 10:15 Debrief the break-out sessions
> > 10:15 - 11:00 Break-out sessions: Common Framework and Existing
Standards,