Re: Recommendations: "Apply library experience" - Antoine?

On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 09:13:33PM +0200, Antoine Isaac wrote:
> >In the revised sentence [1], you write:
> >
> >     By curating and maintaining datasets as truly linkable objects...
> >
> >The datasets themselves are linkable, of course, but isn't the point here about
> >the "items in" datasets?  Alternatively, it could perhaps be written:
> >
> >     By curating and maintaining datasets of truly linkable objects...
> >
> >Tom
> >
> >[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_recommendations_page_take2&diff=6309&oldid=6293
>
> What I meant was to say that the librarians should *view* the objects in the
> datasets they curate as truly linkable resources, when they curate them. I.e,
> also change their methodology (though I've always argue that when tellind
> that a book is about "Paris", librarians do not only think of a string, they
> also have the actual city in mind...).
>
> So there was a bit more than your proposal. But if that's still unclear, I
> won't fight for it long :-)

I understand your point, but the way it is written, it doesn't actually say
that the _objects_ in the datasets are viewed as truly linkable resources, it
says that the _datasets themselves_ are linkable.  That's not untrue, but it
misses the point about the _objects_ being linkable...

Tom

--
Tom Baker <tom@tombaker.org>