Re: Medline RDF -- Citations

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 5:56 PM, William Waites <ww@styx.org> wrote:

> * [2011-05-08 11:39:38 +0100] Ben O'Steen <bosteen@gmail.com> écrit:
>
> ] Just a quick note to say that the agreement we got for the data was in
> ] context of basic bibliographic information (as specified by the open
> ] bibliographic principles) - getting an agreement that we can share the
> ] citation information as well as cc0 is an ongoing conversation
> ] unfortunately.
>
> Right, so that relieves some urgency at least...
>
> And what about the information about what chemicals and datasets were
> used? Is that another kind of citation from a bibliographic point of
> view? Anyhow, right now there's a command line flag for the program,
> -0=false, to turn off CC0 only data so if you already have the data
> you can make RDF out of some of the other bits, but I don't plan on
> working on that much in the near term -- what we have now is a stellar
> start).

There are not normally any supplemental data sets (where the data and
chemicals live)  in the Medline distro so chemicals and data don't arise
(except in fulltext, i.e. only Open Access allowed). So you can concentrate
on just the bibliographic data. Although in principle this is a pity, in
practice it gives us a breathing space and a chance to work on a limited
subset well. I will keep pushing the political stuff.

> For the LLD list, here's some explanation of technical details together
> an annotated example record:
>
>    http://eris.okfn.org/ww/2011/05/medline

Very nice

--