Re: AW: (regrets and schema.org)

MEtadata embedded in HTML makes sense to me for web pages that
otherwise would not have any metadata, but library data isn't web
pages, it's data from a database. The fact that we display it in web
pages is really incidental, and is not the primary way we want to
interact in a machine-to-machine application. I can imagine that we
might use HTML markup so that the library catalog displays can be
easily captured by Zotero or some other browser-based app, but that's
just capturing the data as data. I hope we are moving toward a more
sophisticated environment where we do more than display and capture
metadata from a "flat" page -- that's the promise of LOD, with
linking, computability, etc.

kc

--
Karen Coyle