Re: Cases

Jeff, the case is subtle *and* significant.
The issue is that by "alignment" we are rather aiming at cases where the several artifacts (e.g., thesauri) have to be connected together.
Here the "human vocabulary" you mention would be too immaterial a notion to fit the cluster: you have a source but the target is not really fixed.

As mater of fact I have a colleague (Rinke Hoekstra) at the university who worked on alignming expert legal terminology to laymen's terms for the same domain. I guess this fits your general goal. But these laymen terms were encoded in a vocabulary, which changes the situation quite a bit.

Antoine