Re: capitalization etc?

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 09:33:01AM -0400, Peter Murray wrote:
> On Aug 25, 2011, at 8:31 AM, Thomas Baker wrote:
> >
> > There is a MediaWiki plug-in that will generate end-of-document footnotes
> > for all embedded references.  I haven't carefully read the conversion
> > instructions to see if there is an alternative, but if this possibility is
> > not already supported would be happy to propose this to W3C.
>
> I can take a look.  Since the end document is static (and not in MediaWiki)
> it may be a good alternative to generate the static document.

The MediaWiki extension is called "Group Based Access Control".  It can be
downloaded from [2].  To install, one follows steps #1 and #2 in [1] and edits
LocalSettings.php and accesscontrolSettings.php.  Cutting-and-pasting from my
notes...:

   The steps are:

   -- Step 1: in LocalSettings.php, add to the bottom:

            require_once("extensions/accesscontrolSettings.php");
            include("extensions/accesscontrol.php");
            # Disable cache
            $wgEnableParserCache = false;
            $wgCachePages = false;

   -- Step 2: in accesscontrolSettings.php, check (and maybe edit):

            $wgAccessControlDisableMessages = false;
            $wgAccessControlGroupPrefix = "Usergroup";
            $wgAccessControlNoAccessPage = $wgScriptPath . "/index.php/No_Access";
            $wgWikiVersion = 1.7;
            $wgUseMediaWikiGroups = false;
            $wgAdminCanReadAll = true;
            $wgGroupLineText = "This page is only accessible for group %s !!!";
            $wgGroupsLineText = "This page is only accessible for group %s !!!";
            $wgAccesscontrolDebug = false;
            $wgAccesscontrolDebugFile = "/var/www/wiki/config/debug.txt";

I'm not sure where one can look to find out whether this particular extension
has been installed on the W3C wiki.

Tom

[1] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Group_Based_Access_Control
[2] https://github.com/magicmonty/MediaWikiAccessControl/zipball/0.8