Re: From the DO cluster tot the Citations cluster

Hi,

>> I agree with Kai, there are certainly aspects to the Enhanced
>> Publications Case Study (aka Use Case) that invouse lve citation...but I
>> can also see why you in the Digital Objects group would want to use
>> it. I guess I don't understand why particular use cases need to be
>> "owned" by a particular cluster...
>
> I think the main reason is to make sure we don't lose track of any of the use cases.

Yep. I suppose there's nothing wrong about having a case in several clusters. But as in good ontology engineering practice, it is always better to start with a clean "backbone" tree to structure our thinking, before entangling it up by multiple inheritance or instantiation.

>> but if you are eager to use it
>> please feel free to.
>>
>> I really don't have any idea what we are supposed to be doing as far
>> as writing up something about the cluster. But I guess I'll wait to
>> hear more instructions from the chairs. FWIW, I also don't like having
>> this conversations off of the discussion list.
>
> ccing the list. :)

Yes, +1 for having that on the list :-)
If you want the personal opinion of one of the chairs, you should not expect too much of us on this :-)
More precisely, I think we have to accommodate some fuzziness at this stage.
The main idea of curating clusters is to come with material that is compatible with writing our final report, i.e., which is useful to the community. For the SKOS cases, we could afford directly putting 50% of the cases we had received  in the report. Here, given the number of cases we have received, we have to digest them a bit before.

One starting idea (sorry I don't remember who voiced that first, but it must be in the minutes) was to try to get some more consistent use cases from the diverse stuff that we have. I.e., do a bit of abstraction, see which are the scenario pieces that are common to the cases of one cluster (and later. probably, across clusters).
 From that perspective, what the the digital object cluster team has started can be very interesting, I think.

But as said, we should still be flexible. This group is lucky to have a very good team of participants, right now I wouldn't want to prevent anyone to circulate around some bright ideas on the matter ;-)

Cheers,

Antoine