Re: Clarify Goal descriptions

Actually, I'm not sure if the problem is that the descriptions are
unclear, or if we just don't know how to use them.
We found almost NO overlap between our goals and yours, which is
rather strange, especially considering Antoine's mail earlier ;-)

My analysis is that we did the work with a very different perspective.
Your goals appear to me rather as *requirements*. I mean, if you want
to create Linked Data, providing a URI is not a goal, it's something
you *have to* do, hence a requirement (my definition of it, at
least...)

The goals we came up with are maybe more high-level, or have a
different perspective, or... I just don't know. I sense they are
somehow related, but I can't put my finger on it.

For instance :
- DESCRIBE: describe a resource and/or provide context for a resource.
This one is probably related with FIND/SEARCH and DISCOVER/SUGGEST but
I don't know how so.

- A goal we've identified would be "facilitate cross-domain modelling
& mappings" : I'm not sure if this
one would correspond to the current "MAP" : "create equivalence
relationships (owl:sameAs, skos:closeMatch) between value vocabularies
or data items." Maybe we should split between MAP-VALUE for value
vocabularies, and MAP-METADATA for metadata elements sets or metadata
vocabularies (we still need our fixed terminology here !)

We have more, but I'm waiting for some feedback from Karen to share it
on the wiki.
Cheers
Emma

--