Re: linkable library data

Karen,

> On the public list some folks have posted links to existing sources of
> linkable library data -- libraries that are making their data
> available in RDF. It seems it would be good to gather those links and
> a little information about what is available.

Good idea.

> My idea is to create a short template for the public wiki and a place
> for anyone to give information about their linkable data there.
> Here's what I had in mind for the template:
> Institution or database
> Contact Person
> Short description
> How to access
> Documentation location
> One or two examples
>    -- examples can be links that return data

If people invest time to gather this metadata, why not do it properly? That
is, why not create it in a machine-processable form?

Rather than to generate Wiki pages, I'd suggest to create voiD descriptions
(voiD is an RDF vocabulary to describe Linked Datasets, their metadata and
interlinking). See the voiD guide [1] for an overview, the voiD editor ve2
[2] to manually create and announce them, and eventually voX, the Dataset
Explorer [3] to render/interact with them.

Cheers,
      Michael

[1] http://vocab.deri.ie/void/guide
[2] http://lab.linkeddata.deri.ie/ve2/