RE: Ontology for Media Resource 1.0

I hate the concept of "Data Element" because I'm never quite sure what
it means. In contrast, I like the concept of "Property" because it
implies a "Domain" and a "Range" that establish context. I especially
like the distinction between "Datatype Property" and "Object Property"
because I can equate them with the more sensibly named UML equivalents
"Attribute" and "Association".

Water under the bridge...

Getting back to the point, what's wrong with applying a little extra
thought to subtle inconsistencies so we can use owl:sameAs and
owl:equivalentClass more often?

Jeff