RE: is FRBR relevant?

Karen,

Sorry that I raised the issue rhetorically. An explanation would be
better.

The issue is precision and recall
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precision_and_recall> of my Google search:

"has as subject" "World War, 1939-1945"

Note that the "has as subject" relationship is straight from FRBR and
"World War, 1939-1945" is straight from LCSH.

My Google search returned a grand total of 2 hits (3 now that Google
indexed this thread). Now imagine a Web-accessible library catalog with
an HTTP URI for each FRBR Work something like this:

http://example.org/work/12345/

Content-negotiation for HTML (the default) could include markup
something like:

<th>has as subject</th>
<a
href="http://example.org/work/?frbr:hasAsSubject=http%3A%2F%2Fid.loc.gov
%2Fauthorities%2Fsh85148273%23concept">World War, 1939-1945</a>
Etc.

The RDF equivalent could be added as RDFa or negotiated from the URI.
Eventually, Google would index these work pages and my search wouldn't
be so disappointing. The same principles apply throughout FRBR.

Jeff

http://www.ifla.org/functional-requirements-for-bibliographic-records

> > http://www.ifla.org/node/1297
> >

> > The fundamental question of FRSAD revolves around the range on
FRBR's