Re: SpeechInputResult merged proposal

I also read through Milan's example and it is indeed a more realistic
example. However it doesn't address the alternate spans of recognition
results that I was interested in. To quote what i wrote earlier:

"
What I think the earlier proposal clearly addresses are how to handle
alternates - not just n-best list but alternate spans of recognition
results. This was highlighted in item (5) of the example section in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-htmlspeech/2011Sep/0034.html.
Such alternates can overlap any part of the result stream, not just at word
boundaries of the top result. This seems lacking in the new proposal.
"

The use case I'm looking at is dictation and correction of mis-recognized
phrases. In the original and my updated proposal, it is possible for a web
app collect & show a set of alternate phrases at various points in the text
stream. This allows users to point at a particular phrase in the document
and select a different recognition phrase, without having to type it
manually or re-dictate it.

Cheers
Satish