Fwd: [iaem-list] Helping Haiti Through "Tweak the Tweet"

this approach is worth studying and document/keep in mind perhaps for future
reference?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Leysia A Palen <palen@cs.colorado.edu>
Date: Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 12:32 AM
Subject: [iaem-list] Helping Haiti Through "Tweak the Tweet"
To: iaem-list@lists.iaem.com

IAEM Discussion Group:
Dear all:

Our research group at the University of Colorado/UC-Irvine is trying to
deploy a Twitter-friendly hashtag-based syntax to streamline information
coming through Twitter. We need your help and your feedback.

The idea is that by asking the user to introduce hashtags into written
requests for help, offers of help, reports of status and so on, the result
will be more machine-readable information that anyone (government and
non-goverment organizations, technology-savy good samaritans...) can grab to
better collate information coming from multiple sources.

We have developed an initial "folksonomy" with examples and instructions on
this website:
http://epic.cs.colorado.edu/helping_haiti_tweak_the_twe.html

or this for short (for retweeting):  http://tinyurl.com/yjfrjv6

For more information, please follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/epiccolorado

We welcome your expert feedback and assistance.
Respectfully,
Leysia Palen
============================
Leysia Palen
Asst Professor

connectivIT Lab
Project EPIC: Empowering the Public with Information in Crisis

http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~palen/ <http://www.cs.colorado.edu/%7Epalen/>
http://epic.cs.colorado.edu/

University of Colorado, Boulder

---
By remaining as a member of the list,
you agree to conform to the IAEM email discussion group guidelines at:
http://iaem.com/listserve/listagreement.htm
Questions about this listmail or its contents can be directed to
info@iaem.com

You are currently subscribed to iaem-list as: paola.dimaio@gmail.com
leave-179425-110623.e4694910010eed23b9c46941ce7a61cb@lists.iaem.com

--
Paola Di Maio
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”