Re: Teleconference Today

I think so too Olle
Its nice to talk but 'verba volant', its difficult to achieve conclusions on
the phone
To have a TOC would help us focus better on what we are agreeing now
I expect we may even 'disagree' , and a lot of discussion may become
necessary and time consuming
why dont you put together an outline of what you think our TOC could
include, then we can discuss it? (I take your post as an offer to volunteer)
PDM

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 5:02 AM, Olle Olsson <olleo@sics.se> wrote:

> Just one other thing that I think is important  ...
>
> The *final* XG report will provide recommendations for future activities.
> Part of this concerns the pros and cons of performing future activities.
>
> The present areas being investigated (vocabs/terms ; interop framework)
> provide a factual background, and this needs to be done.
>
> But when it comes to recommendation for  future work, we should say
> something about things like:
> - what *can* be done?
> - are there meaningful *levels* of comprehensiveness in such results?
> - what is the *timeframe* (window of opportunity) for doing work?
> - what is the *benefit* of doing it?
> - benefit for *whom*?
> - what *effort* might be needed to reach a usable result?
> - *who* might invest such effort?
> - what is the expected *uptake* of results of future work?
>
> Answers to questions like these should provide a foundation for actually
> deciding on engaging in future work, so the final XG report can provide this
> kind of perspective.
>
> And identifying such questions can also help us document targeted useful
> information during the analysis phase.
>
> I do not think we can resolve these questions in the teleconference, but it
> would be valuable to at least agree on what we should say in the final XG
> report. In a speculative mindset, I can see the advantage -- in the sorter
> time-frame -- of at least identifying the Table-of-Contents for the final
> report.
>
> Regards,
>
> /olle
>

> Renato Iannella wrote:
>

>> Teleconference today Thu 17 July at 13:00 UTC.
>>
>> The details (agenda etc) are here: <
>> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/eiif/wiki/2008-07-17>
>>
>> Cheers...  Renato Iannella
>> NICTA
>>

> --
> Olle Olsson   olleo@sics.se   Tel: +46 8 633 15 19  Fax: +46 8 751 72 30
>        [Svenska W3C-kontoret: olleo@w3.org]
> SICS [Swedish Institute of Computer Science]
> Box 1263
> SE - 164 29 Kista
> Sweden

Paola Di Maio