Re: Teleconference Today

Just one other thing that I think is important  ...

The *final* XG report will provide recommendations for future
activities. Part of this concerns the pros and cons of performing future
activities.

The present areas being investigated (vocabs/terms ; interop framework)
provide a factual background, and this needs to be done.

But when it comes to recommendation for  future work, we should say
something about things like:
 - what *can* be done?
 - are there meaningful *levels* of comprehensiveness in such results?
 - what is the *timeframe* (window of opportunity) for doing work?
 - what is the *benefit* of doing it?
 - benefit for *whom*?
 - what *effort* might be needed to reach a usable result?
 - *who* might invest such effort?
 - what is the expected *uptake* of results of future work?

Answers to questions like these should provide a foundation for actually
deciding on engaging in future work, so the final XG report can provide
this kind of perspective.

And identifying such questions can also help us document targeted useful
information during the analysis phase.

I do not think we can resolve these questions in the teleconference, but
it would be valuable to at least agree on what we should say in the
final XG report. In a speculative mindset, I can see the advantage -- in
the sorter time-frame -- of at least identifying the Table-of-Contents
for the final report.

Regards,

/olle

Renato Iannella wrote:

> Teleconference today Thu 17 July at 13:00 UTC.
>
> The details (agenda etc) are here:
> <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/eiif/wiki/2008-07-17>
>
> Cheers...  Renato Iannella
> NICTA

Olle Olsson   olleo@sics.se   Tel: +46 8 633 15 19  Fax: +46 8 751 72 30
	[Svenska W3C-kontoret: olleo@w3.org]
SICS [Swedish Institute of Computer Science]
Box 1263
SE - 164 29 Kista
Sweden