Re: IETF RFCs

All -

If you are thinking of engaging the IETF RFC process (standards track),
there is already a group that has been dealing with location elements for
a variety internet RFC's. The driving set of use cases have been emergency
services and the requirements for the US Next Generation 9-1-1 activity
and the wireless society. The same group also deals with privacy and
location. The working group is called GeoPRIV.

I can provide more info if required - I have been a member of this WG for
about 5 years.

Regards

Carl