Re: IETF RFCs

---- "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra@baylink.com> wrote:
> Exactly how this mindset would apply best to EIIFs work, I'm not yet
> entirely sure since, embarrassingly enough, I *still* haven't read the draft.
>
> Happily, I have a few hours free this afternoon.  :-)

I do have one thing to note, though.

Just from a couple minutes prowling around the wiki, I can already shout

BINGO!

RFCs are prone to plain English, avoiding -- in general -- terms as technical
even as 'ontology' -- I have about a grad school level backgroud, and I had
to go look up ontology.

You mean, of course, this:

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontology_(computer_science)

right?  :-)

In short:

> investigate the path forward via an emergency management systems information interoperability framework. These activities will lay the groundwork for a more comprehensive approach to ontology management and semantic information interoperability leading to a proposal for future longer-term W3C Working Group activity.

for me, decomposes into bafflegab.  In particular: "the path forward" to where?

Yes, I know, that's the point.  But still.

(I know some of my opinions might offend some of the people involved in this
work, and I apologize; that's not really my intention.  But it seems like, to
me, at least, that I'm your audience -- or part of it -- so if I'm falling off
the rails after 25 years in IT and programming, something may need to be
tweaked.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra
--