Re: Enabling MIDI devices in audio demos

Hi Tom!

Well, in this group we're probably all anxiously waiting for the Device API
WG ( http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/ ) finish their work, so that we would have
standard, cross-browser API to get data from external soundcards, MIDI
devices, web cameras (ooh, theremin) etc. I don't know what's exactly their
progress, but let's hope there's progress. ;)

* For the MIDI -> Java -> Browser input support one should see the HTML5
Virtual MIDI Keyboard ( available on GitHub
https://github.com/jussi-kalliokoski/virtual-midi-keyboard/ )
* Audiolib.js is a JS audio synthesis library (also has a consistent
callback API between both Web Audio API and Audio Data API, and a MIDI ->
Voice API), and can be found from
https://github.com/jussi-kalliokoski/audiolib.js/

Both are under MIT license, so you can do whatever you please. I'm sorry
about the documentation being so insufficient, as these projects are so much
in their youth.

I hope you find them useful!

Best Regards,
Jussi Kalliokoski