Re: Web Audio API Proposal

Hi, Folks-

Robert O'Callahan wrote (on 6/16/10 1:21 AM):
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 12:10 PM, Chris Marrin wrote:
>> On Jun 15, 2010, at 4:38 PM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
>>>
>>> OK, but is there any evidence that they're complete? What fraction
>>> of use cases would be forced to resort to JS-based sample processing?
>>
>>     We can't know that.
>
> We can at least collect use cases, starting with existing demos that get
> direct access to samples, and see how many of them fit.

This is precisely why I set the goal of this XG to bring in musicians,
audio engineers, and others who will be the ultimate stakeholders in
this functionality... to collect use cases.

I'm really glad that so early in the process, we have concrete API
approaches to compare and contrast, but I hope we will take a little
time to build up the audio community participation in this forum before
we go too far down an irrevocable path (i.e. shipping implementation).

What strategies can people suggest to collect use cases and requirements
from beyond the browser implementer community?

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs