From: public-xg-audio-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-xg-audio-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Tom White (MMA)
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2010 10:19 AM
To: public-xg-audio@w3.org
Subject: RE: Music Notation on the Web

Michael,

additional private data beyond what is in MIDI to make it work. I
believe the same is true for Band-in-a-Box, as well as for keyboard
vendors who add their own proprietary extensions to MIDI for on-screen
notation display.

I don't think that is true... to my knowledge all DAWs and al Digital
Pianos with on-screen notation can display notation from plain old MIDI
files. No extensions or additional private data is needed.

But that said, I do understand that MIDI is not an equivalent solution
to MusicXML.

And if Roger had said he wanted to know why the formatting was incorrect
when using MusicXML, I would not have even mentioned MIDI.

- TW