RE: Music Notation on the Web

From: Tom White \(MMA\) <lists@midi.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 08:19:07 -0800
To: <public-xg-audio@w3.org>
Michael,

additional private data beyond what is in MIDI to make it work. I believe
the same is true for Band-in-a-Box, as well as for keyboard vendors who add
their own proprietary extensions to MIDI for on-screen notation display.

I don't think that is true... to my knowledge all DAWs and al Digital Pianos
with on-screen notation can display notation from plain old MIDI files. No
extensions or additional private data is needed.

But that said, I do understand that MIDI is not an equivalent solution to
MusicXML.

And if Roger had said he wanted to know why the formatting was incorrect
when using MusicXML, I would not have even mentioned MIDI.

- TW