From: "Tom White \(MMA\)" <lists@midi.org>
To: <public-xg-audio@w3.org>
Subject: Music Notation on the Web
Date: Mon, Dec 13, 2010 6:19 pm
Michael,

>>>> I believe
you will find that DAWs that support notation all add additional private data
beyond what is in MIDI to make it work. I believe the same is true for
Band-in-a-Box, as well as for keyboard vendors who add their own proprietary
extensions to MIDI for on-screen notation display.

don't think that is true... to my knowledge all DAWs and al Digital Pianos with
on-screen notation can display notation from plain old MIDI files. No extensions
or additional private data is needed.

But
that said, I do understand that MIDI is not an equivalent solution to
MusicXML.

And if
Roger had said he wanted to know why the formatting was incorrect when using
MusicXML, I would not have even mentioned MIDI.

-
TW