OpenSL

Advanced Creative Labs was in charge of OpenAL in the past, but now nobody is maintaining it.
Better to forget it.

OpenSL is a Khronos API like OpenGL-ES. It was designed by the same people who were behind OpenAL
and consequently has a better design than openAL.

A Nvidia chip for OpenSL should be out in december 2010 and we can bet that this API will be the base API for audio
on Android platforms.

Probably, we will see android phones with powerful audio in Q3 2011

jacques