Re: Some thoughts

From: Jussi Kalliokoski <jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 21:20:20 +0200
To: public-xg-audio@w3.org
Hi,

Thanks to everyone for your responses and reviewing this with me, I'm
glad to hear about the de-zippering functionality regarding the
parameters.

However, I'd still like to stress the importance of port-based
connectivity approach over module-based connectivity, I forgot one
important point regarding this. That would be the case of effects such
as vocoder or ring mod, which take two different signals (signal and
carrier), I don't see a reasonable way to achieve this with the
module-based approach.

As for the MIDI, I think you're right about it. That actually lead to
something I'm announcing here now: I'm working on a project called
MidiNode, which is a node.js module that allows passing MIDI data to a
node server, thus through web sockets to a web browser, so I'm happy to
tell you, that in near future we can use our MIDI keyboards in browsers.
Yay!

Oh, and regarding that, I actaully could use some help with it, I have
no expertise in other than linux programming, so I need a hand making
the module available for Mac/Win users too.

Jussi Kalliokoski