Re: Feedback from potential future end-users

Hi Michael,

I updated the user-feedback section, simplifying the questions to work
on a per-group basis. I felt that getting "too" specific with the
questions may end up leading rather than listening to potential
end-users needs.

What are your thoughts?

Link to the user-feedback section of the web page:
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/audio/wiki/User-feedback

Link to the closed action:
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/audio/track/actions/7

While we are on the subject of user information, Andrew Taylor has been
working hard, collecting stats that he has shared with us. The full
(anonymised) results can be downloaded as an Excel spreadsheet from
http://j.mp/sitesound-results .

You can also view graphs of the results for individual questions, as
follows.

1. Where do you usually carry out personal web browsing?
http://j.mp/aNzj2e

2. Which web browser(s) do you normally use?
http://j.mp/bJbvZu

3. What device type(s) do you frequently use to access the web?
http://j.mp/bBUeQK

4. What type of speakers do you normally use?
http://j.mp/9y5YYw

5. Is sound normally turned on or off?
http://j.mp/djmNl5

6. Sound quality from your most frequently used device and speakers?
http://j.mp/aallsP

7. Listening to own music while browsing?
http://j.mp/aMfrRm

8. Multiple tabs / web pages open?
http://j.mp/cebvqx

9. Likely reaction(s) to sites with audio?
http://j.mp/9AcpeC

10. General view of audio on websites?
http://j.mp/bGRxYT

11. How might web audio be helpful or appealing?
http://j.mp/aLJzK3

12. Types of website likely to be improved by audio?
http://j.mp/aYyInF

17. Age group
http://j.mp/a18jHg

18. Gender
http://j.mp/cOJVyp

19. Nationality
http://j.mp/a73h5C

Images of the questions as they appeared on the online survey form:
http://j.mp/questionnaire1
http://j.mp/questionnaire2a
http://j.mp/questionnaire3
http://j.mp/questionnaire4