Re: Backplane Agenda for Tuesday, August 19

On 18 aug 2008, at 15:50, Charles F Wiecha wrote:

> For further background on point (1) below, here's a link to the
> Simplified
> Syntax topic at the Ubiquity project...Charlie
>
> http://code.google.com/p/ubiquity-xforms/wiki/StorySimplifiedSyntax

Nifty!

One question, in the canonical XForms there's a lot of constructs of
the form
	<calculate context=".." value="Price * Quantity" or "$Price *
$Quantity"/>

This doesn't look like XML to me, and also I don't understand where
the $name variable references suddenly come from. At least: I assume
that these are supposed to be the funny XPath VariableReference things
that live in their own namespace, right?
Goldman