Re: Builder Module 1.0

> Clearly a/b/c/element(*) creates scope for ambiguity: how is this handled
in XForms?

That's a good point. We say that XForms functions are available in
two namespaces:

- `http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms-functions`, which contains XForms as well
as standard XPath functions and does not require a prefix

- `http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms`, which only contains XForms functions,
and is used with an explicit prefix, typically `xf:`

(There are a few exceptions for backward compatibility as some older XForms
functions clashed with XPath 2+ functions.)

I think that this means that we must mandate, in XForms, that the
`element()` and `attribute()` functions *must* be used with an explicit
namespace prefix. For consistency this would apply to other node
creation functions. If a standard namespace is defined, we could expose
these functions in that namespace as well as the XForms namespace (for
convenience).

-Erik