Re: Builder Module 1.0

Thanks. I was aware of these functions, and I guess they probably inspired my thinking at some stage, though I'm not sure I would want to be constrained to be 100% compatible.

One concern is how the functions are named. XQuery (https://www.w3.org/TR/xquery-31/#id-reserved-fn-names) states that the unprefixed names element() and attribute() (as well as comment() and text()) are reserved; and document() is already in use as a function name. Clearly a/b/c/element(*) creates scope for ambiguity: how is this handled in XForms? In the proposed Builder module I tried to resolve this by putting the functions in their own namespace. It's not a perfect solution (I don't like proliferation of namespaces), but in the circumstances it seems better than other options available.

Mike