From: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Wednesday, 6 March 2019 at 08:42
To: Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com>
Cc: XForms <public-xformsusers@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Agenda

On Wed, 06 Mar 2019 06:33:43 +0100, Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com> wrote:
Mostly LGTM.

Do we need to capitalize "Action" as in "on Actions and […]"?
This has been inherited from XForms 1.1; we could agree to decapitalise the uses.

One thing that is missing is what happens if an expression requests a typed value and the value cannot be converted to that type. For example, say the element content is empty but has type `xs:time`.

Our implementation throws a runtime error when that happens. Another possibility could be to return the empty sequence.
The text says:

"If the evaluation of an expression fails:
 * for a calculate expression, the result is the empty sequence;
 * for other bind computed expressions (which are all boolean valued), the result is the opposite of the default for that property;
 * for all other expressions, an xforms-expression-error event is dispatched to the element containing the expression."

Does that not cover it?

Steven

-Erik