Re: ACTION-2196: Spec up collapsing sections

I agree too.

Philip

From: Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com>
Date: Tuesday, 2 October 2018 at 17:10
To: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Cc: XForms <public-xformsusers@w3.org>, XForms Users Community Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Subject: Re: ACTION-2196: Spec up collapsing sections

I agree that to make it a complete feature this is needed.

-Erik

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 7:30 AM Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl<mailto:steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>> wrote:
While doing this action, it struck me that this would be the first example
of an interaction in XForms that has an effect, but that isn't
controllable: you can't interrogate the state, and you can't change the
state programmatically.

So I thought it good to draw up some requirements:

1. The simple case should be really easy: just adding an attribute value
makes a group that is collapsible/openable with a simple interaction.

2. It should be possible to enquire what the state is (Open/closed)

3. It should be possible to change the state.

Do we agree? Are there any other requirements?

Steven