Re: sort function

From: Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 11:01:01 -0700
To: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Cc: XForms <public-xformsusers@w3.org>
Yes, and I checked a little more:

1. There is `saxon:sort()`:

https://www.saxonica.com/html/documentation9.4/extensions/functions/sort.html

The problem with that is that it was designed pre-XPath 3.0 and anonymous
functions, and that means it uses some Saxon-specific constructs.

2. We have our own variation with `xxf:sort()`, which takes a sort
expression:

   https://doc.orbeon.com/xforms/xpath/extension-xml.html#xxfsort

3. And we also have `exf:sort()`, which takes a sort expression as a string:

https://doc.orbeon.com/xforms/xpath/standard-functions.html#exforms-functions

4. XPath 3.1 now has its own `sort()`:

    https://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-functions-31/#func-sort

But the full function requires anonymous functions, and that is not
available in XPath 2.

-Erik