Re: Email type

For RFCs support, there might be a dedicated namespace for corresponding
types. That is what I have recently implemented in my own XQuery engine
for types such as "ietf:email", "ietf:ipv4", "ietf:mac", "ietf:port",...

Specifically for email addresses, it is, at least, programmatically
possible to check if the domain part is an effective mail server (a DNS
request for an MX record). More likely, we want an existing email
address than a one to be created for a domain to be created too!

It is, of course, a good idea to define our own "xf:email" type for a
more commonly-used regular expression.

--Alain