Re: Email type

From: Liam R. E. Quin <liam@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2017 04:03:06 -0400
To: Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com>
Cc: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>, "public-xformsusers@w3.org" <public-xformsusers@w3.org>
On Fri, 2017-06-23 at 15:57 -0700, Erik Bruchez wrote:
>  it is technically true that `steven@cwi` is
> correct, yet there are virtually zero users in practice for whom that
> kind of email address will not be an actual error.

I suspect it might not be that uncommon in a corporate environment, but
I don't know for sure these days. I agree with you about wanting to
catch likely errors. A standard needs to reference other specs, and
ought not to disallow legal constructs, but can suggest warnings, or
allow implementations to warn.

It then becomes a quality of implementation issue.

Best,

Liam