Re: Refresh action

From: Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 10:53:58 -0700
To: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Cc: XForms <public-xformsusers@w3.org>

> I understand the need for rebuild and recalculate, less the need for
> revalidate, but I can't imagine any use case for refresh.

Refresh as a side-effect dispatches UI events (`xforms-value-changed`,
etc.). So if you are running an action and want *everything* in your form
to be up to date in the middle of an action, then `refresh` allows you to
do that. Note that other actions, such as `toggle` and `setindex` in effect
force a refresh as part of their execution.

In addition, any function which requires asking controls themselves for
information, such as `index()`, `case()`, will be up to date only after a
refresh.

I have used `refresh` on occasion.