Re: Prefixes: xs vs. xsd

From: Nick Van den Bleeken <Nick.Van.den.Bleeken@inventivegroup.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 05:38:14 +0000
To: Erik Bruchez <erik@bruchez.org>
CC: "public-xformsusers@w3.org" <public-xformsusers@w3.org>
Fine for me. I also think it is clearer for the reader to always use the same prefix.

Regards,

Nick

On 17 Feb 2016 6:21 a.m., Erik Bruchez <erik@bruchez.org> wrote:
All,

The spec uses both `xsd:` and `xs:` as prefixes for
`http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema`. XML Schema Part 1 uses `xs:` and
says"

    "For brevity, the text and examples in this specification use the
prefix `xs:` to stand for this namespace"

while Part 2 [2] also uses `xs:` mostly but uses `xsd:` in a couple of
examples. I suggest we standardize on using `xs:` everywhere.

If agreed, I can make the changes.

-Erik

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/

[2] https://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/