Re: Core Attribute Collections

From: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2016 19:15:01 +0100
To: "Erik Bruchez" <ebruchez@orbeon.com>
Cc: XForms <public-xformsusers@w3.org>
On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 19:01:32 +0100, Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com>
wrote:

>> Sorry, I meant: why in Common and not in Binding?
>
> Because they make sense on elements which do not accept a binding, like
> `xf:action`.
Well OK, but wouldn't it better to make it more explicit where context and
model are allowed, rather than allowing them everywhere?

At present

<model model="m">
    <instance model="j" context="..">
      <data/>
    <instance>
</model>

<send context=".."/>

and many other meaningless things are allowed syntactically, and so not
checkable with validating parsers.

I would prefer for @model and @context to be in Binding, because they
really are allowed anywhere a binding is allowed, and then specifically
mention other non-binding places where they are allowed.