Re: SVG and XForms

From: Alain Couthures <alain.couthures@agencexml.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 21:40:40 +0200
To: Nick Van den Bleeken <Nick.Van.den.Bleeken@inventivegroup.com>
CC: "public-xformsusers@w3.org" <public-xformsusers@w3.org>, XSLTForms support <xsltforms-support@lists.sourceforge.net>
Nick,
> 1. Repeat on numbers: In XForms 2.0 we adopt XPath 2.0 and there you can create sequences of numbers using the to operator[1], which allows you to write<xf:repeat ref="1 to 5">   (the current context inside the repeat will hold the atomic value of the current iteration)

I'm still disturbed by @ref use because a Binding expression should
return nodes not a value, am I right?

This is what I understand from Orbeon Wiki
(http://wiki.orbeon.com/forms/doc/developer-guide/xforms-repeat):

    Iterating over plain values

XForms 1.1 only specifies iterating over instance data nodes (elements
or attributes). As of January 2010, Orbeon Forms supports iterating over
values, for example:

|<xforms:repeat nodeset="(1 to 10)">|
|<xforms:output value="position()"/>|
|<xforms:output value="."/>|
|</xforms:repeat>|

In this case, the context item within the repeat is a number, not a node.

/NOTE: It is hoped that the XForms specification will include this
possibility in the future. Possibly, a new attribute, such as
|sequence|, could be proposed, since a sequence of numbers is
technically not a node-set!/

What do you think?

Thanks!

-Alain