Re: LC responses drafted

On 16 Apr 2010, at 19:32, Mary Ellen Zurko wrote:

> Please look them over:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/39814/WD-wsc-ui-20100309/2382?cid=2382

looks good to me

> http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/39814/WD-wsc-ui-20100309/2381?cid=2381

> > So I can shorten
> > thisiswaytoolongtofitonanyreasonablecomputerscreenbecauseiintentionallywroteitjustlikethat.co.uk
> > to "co.uk"? great, thanks.
>
> Yes. That's why it's a MAY.

We could note that, while at least one implementation (Mozilla) is actually maintaining a list of "public" suffixes, the right level of truncation really depends on specifics of that suffix's administration, and that that MAY is our way of dealing with that lack of a useful reference.  I seem to recall that we discussed this particular topic in depth around Tyler's proposal.

> > Please be careful not to overstep, and don't rely on SHOULD to protect
> > you from overstepping.
>
> The term "modal dialog" is used in this spec, and widely in the area, as blocking the entire application. That is how we use the term here. We agree, your case is not covered by this text.

... "and we don't think it's a problem", in somewhat kinder words? ;-)

> http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/39814/WD-wsc-ui-20100309/2380?cid=2380

looks good to me