RE: Is the padlock a page security score?

Whether we use numbers, or "low, medium, high", at best, it's
incomplete.  Instead of calling it a "Security Score", if we called it a
"browser connection security score" and in some kind of education and
documentation, state that the score ignores both content and/or
application and any of the security principals around them, then it may
have some value.  However if someone sees a high score and they land on
a horrible site that steals all of their information, we would
definitely be doing them an injustice because at best the
high-medium-low is misleading.

So, if we agree with Ian... and I do, browser real estate is just so
limited , there is no way we could communicate all of this information.
And understanding that benchmarking is only good if you describe what
you're benchmarking then our benchmark of security score is not useful,
and should be done away with.

Bill