Re: Is the padlock a page security score?

We talk a lot about "trust decisions", and this seems like a very nebulous
term to me. I would really like to go back to use cases. The use cases I can
think of are primarily:

a) creating a non commerce account (e.g. a slashdot account, a facebook
account etc)

b) creating a commerce account or a commerce transaction

for a) I can see where this might possibly be useful, but I'm definitely not
convinced. For instance, for facebook I'm much more worried about them
getting hacked, or about some XSS/CSRF attack than I am about a MITM attack.

for b) I really don't think a score would be helpful to me.

-Ian