Re: ACTION-342 Write up "comment disposition process" in wiki

On 2007-11-16 10:33:32 -0500, Mary Ellen Zurko wrote:

> Here's the process we'll use to process comments on wsc-xit and
> wsc-usecases. Each active participant can expect to need to do this, at
> some point.

> http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/wiki/CommentTracking

I see:

> The chair assigns applying this process to a WG participant
> (probably anyone who would be in good standing according to
> meeting attendance, probably using action items so it won't fall
> through the cracks should someone get hit by a bus).

This sounds as if you were planning to do that for every single
comment that comes in.  I'd rather have one or two people monitor
the comment list at any given time, and use a brief agendum for a
status update every other call or so to detect whether we risk
having things falling through the cracks.

There's some hand-waving about the final process (which matches the
hand-waving I did on the call).  I'd suggest that the chair, along
when closing the issue, issues actions not just to the editor (to
implement the issue resolution), but also to the "assignee", to
reflect the issue resolution in last call comments tracker.

Once an LC-Comments-tracker issue is resolved, and the resolution
entered into that system, a confirmation e-mail can be set out
automatically (push of one button), based on the material gathered
in lc-comments-tracker.