	From: Mary Ellen Zurko
[mailto:Mary_Ellen_Zurko@notesdev.ibm.com]
	Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 6:13 PM
	To: Doyle, Bill
	Cc: public-wsc-wg@w3.org
	Subject: RE: ACTION-240 :TLS errors...

	Details that can be looked up during a help desk call are very
useful.

	          Mez

"Doyle, Bill" <wdoyle@mitre.org>
Sent by: public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org

07/02/2007 01:59 PM

"Yngve N. Pettersen (Developer Opera Software ASA)" <yngve@opera.com>,
<stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>, <public-wsc-wg@w3.org>
cc
Subject
RE: ACTION-240 :TLS errors...

	Question - Should users be put in a position to debug web
sites?

	Unless it is my web site, I only care that it is not working
correctly.
	Yes it works, no it does not and who do I contact. I am not
going to
	spend time debugging someone else's web site unless they want
to kick
	in some $$.

	Of course details need to be available to those who want or
need the
	details, what is this 5%-10% of the user population? Any stats
on users
	who know how certs work?

	Bill D.