RE: What is a secure page?

I'll add a bullet about tabs in the security context available.

Bill D.

________________________________

	From: public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Mary Ellen Zurko
	Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 9:56 AM
	To: ses@ll.mit.edu
	Cc: public-wsc-wg@w3.org; public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org
	Subject: Re: What is a secure page?

	> >>    The FireFox 2 tabs contain a window close button that
used to be part
	> > of
	> >> the window frame.  Presumably they were moved here because
users didn't
	> >> understand, or weren't comfortable with, the model in
which a close icon
	> > for
	> >> the window closed a tab.
	> >
	> > So that sounds like data that could be used to argue the
scoping is
	> > effective.
	> >
	> >         Mez
	>
	>    I don't understand the logic there.  Firefox 2 is moving
away from the
	> model in which users are presumed to understand that all
browser buttons
	> within a window apply to the current tab.  They are moving to
a model in
	> which you have to explicitly show the user that the button
applies to the
	> tab by putting it into the tab itself.  How would you argue
that this change
	> supports the effectiveness of the scoping?

	I think we're saying the same thing, but perhaps I'm not saying
it effectively. It sounds like the tab is an effective scoping
mechanism, in that things inside the tab clearly refer to things inside
the tab.

	Therefore, if there is a security context indicator, and it
refers to what's in the tab, it needs to be inside the tab.
	        Mez