Web Page vs Rich Client (Re: Current state of editor's draft / IdentitySignal)

(Trying to break this up into a number of threads, one for each
issue.)

http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/drafts/rec/rewrite.html#def-Page

> So does that mean this specification would not apply to a rich
> client when the user interaction with content is all non webby
> and local, but that content was asynchronously replicated via web
> based means?

I'm not sure I understand that.  Mind giving an example?

> That's obviously not a core type of scenario; I'm just trying to
> figure out the point and boundary of this particular part of the
> overview.

The current state of the text certainly means we don't know how to
talk about such a rich client.

Also, there are a number of places later on (in particular in the
language about the identity signal), where an assumption is made
that there is one high-level entity with Web page like properties
(URI, retrieved through [probably] HTTP, with some security
properties) which controls what the user interacts with.