Re: "industry standards"

On 2007-08-08 15:02:51 -0400, Johnathan Nightingale wrote:

> That clause was mostly intended as preventative medicine against
> cynical implementors who declare conformance by surfacing
> identity information, but who make no attempt to assess the
> quality of that information even as far as "CAs we trust vs. CAs
> we don't vs. Self-signed."

Isn't that aspect covered by this language in the current editor's
draft?

@@Web Security Context@@
Editor's Draft $Date: 2007/08/08 18:21:55 $

5.1.2 Identity Signal Content

  "Information displayed in the identity signal MUST be derived from
  attested certificates, from user agent state, or be otherwise
  authenticated. Web user agents MUST NOT use information as part of
  the [[ identity signal ]] that is taken from unauthenticated or
  untrusted sources."

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/drafts/rec/rewrite.html#signal-content