Re: first cut usability walk through

Quickly glancing through the proposed testing, two things are
catching my eye:

- Identity Signal, Page Security Score, and the EV part of the
  proposals are pretty much focused on the same topic -- passive
  indicators, and when to show them.  However, we have no language
  in the proposals so far that would usefully tell us what these
  indicators would look like.

  Working on an editor's draft for what the rec track document might
  look like, one question is what attributes about the issuer and
  subject would actually be displayed in the identity signal, and
  under what conditions.

- The proposed experiment for EV doesn't actually check whether
  people understand the indicator; it rather checks whether the
  absence of these indicators can be used as a hook to social
  engineer users into subverting the integrity of their browser.
  That's a somewhat different question.