Re: Editing process for Recommendations

On 2007-04-27 22:40:30 -0000, Close, Tyler J. wrote:

> To get some consistency among the proposal descriptions, I think
> we should develop a template. The template would specify some
> required sections for each proposal. For example, we could
> require a section that enumerates the use-cases addressed by the
> proposal, or the security information items relied upon, or the
> usability principles that are leveraged, etc. We should develop
> this template over the course of the next week.

+1 to using a template, and +1 to linking things to the use cases.
When no use case is listed for a specific proposal, I'd suggest to
propose new ones that can then go into the Note.

In developing the template and individual suggest recommendation
material, I'd urge folks to review the following:

- http://www.w3.org/TR/qaframe-spec/ -- The goal of this document is
  to help W3C editors write better specifications, by making a
  specification easier to interpret without ambiguity and clearer as
  to what is required in order to conform. It focuses on how to
  define and specify conformance. It also addresses how a
  specification might allow variation among conforming
  implementations. The document presents guidelines or requirements,
  supplemented with good practices, examples and techniques.

  (These are meta-level recommendations about specwriting.)

- http://www.w3.org/TR/UAAG/ -- These guidelines have an interesting
  pattern of high-level recommendations that are followed by more
  concrete checkpoints (one could speak of techniques); it might be
  worth taking that as a pattern to imitate.

(I had thought about giving a presentation on the QA framework in
Dublin, and that might still be worth it, but I think people should
have a look at it right away.)

Regards,