RE: Recommendations for "Lightening Discussions" at next week's meeting

Hi Mike,

On MM15 (sorry, I can't figure out how to copy text from the pdf) - what
would a clear and actionable error about resolving a hostname via local
host files instead of DNS look like? I personally would have no idea what
to do in the face of such an error (so I would ignore it).

          Mez

Mary Ellen Zurko, STSM, IBM Lotus CTO Office       (t/l 333-6389)
Lotus/WPLC Security Strategy and Patent Innovation Architect

<michael.mccormick@wellsfargo.com>
Sent by: public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org
04/03/2007 07:41 PM

<Mary_Ellen_Zurko@notesdev.ibm.com>
cc
<Chuck@Interisle.net>, <dan.schutzer@fstc.org>, <public-wsc-wg@w3.org>
Subject
RE: Recommendations for "Lightening Discussions" at next week's meeting

I've taken the liberty of attaching a 3rd document to Chuck Wade's useful
list of FSTC Contributed Documents page at <
http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/wiki/DocsRepository/FSTC_Contributed_Documents>
titled "FSTC BMA Browser Recommendations".

I've also added it to the list of links on the Recommendations tracking
page as you requested.

FSTC provided this document to W3C prior to launch of WSC (at the workshop
in Queens) so there should be no problem sharing it again.  It was created
by Chuck Wade collecting input from members of the Better Mutual
Authentication Working Group 2.  Browser enhancements labeled MMx (e.g.,
"MM3") were provided by me  in an earlier private communication.  Most of
mine are recommendations to improve browser SSL/TLS and X.509 certificate
handling.  Some are probably out of scope for WSC but the document is
organized to separate UI improvements from infrastructure & protocol
proposals.

Mike M

Please do share them. And please also point to them in the wiki where we
are tracking recommendation proposals.

          Mez

Mary Ellen Zurko, STSM, IBM Lotus CTO Office       (t/l 333-6389)
Lotus/WPLC Security Strategy and Patent Innovation Architect

<michael.mccormick@wellsfargo.com>
04/02/2007 10:31 AM

<Mary_Ellen_Zurko@notesdev.ibm.com>, <pbaker@verisign.com>,
<tyler.close@hp.com>, <Bob.Pinheiro@FSTC.org>
cc
<public-wsc-wg@w3.org>
Subject
RE: Recommendations for "Lightening Discussions" at next week's meeting

Hi MEZ,

Unfortunately the new weekly meeting time conflicts with a standing
meeting related to my day job, which is why you haven't had the pleasure
of my company lately.

As it happens I do have some specific suggestions for improving SSL/TLS
cert handling in browsers, which I can share with the group via email.

Mike M.